The Peter Tavy mobile library will be back with us from 10.00am on WEDNESDAY JULY 29th with the NEW Choose and Collect service.
Devon Mobile Libraries will be back on the road bringing books to you. To make sure that customers and staff are safe, we will only be offering a new type of contactless service for the time being. It’s called Choose & Collect.
What is Choose and Collect?
• a free delivery of up to 5 books or audiobooks per person.
• selected by staff based on your reading preferences.
• you collect from your usual mobile library stop – in Peter Tavy that’s at the bottom end of Church Lane between 10.00am and 10.30am.
• selections available for adults and children.
How do I make sure I get a Choose and Collect delivery
• Even if we rang you to offer you your first delivery, we regret we can’t do this every month. You must contact us to order again.
• Order at least 1 week before the mobile library visits your village or stop.
• You can check Ivybridge Mobile Library timetable (that’s the mobile which serves Peter Tavy) on our website: www.devonlibraries.org.uk/web/arena/mobilelibraries
• Order a delivery by emailing email@example.com or calling 01752 893140.
• Remember to tell staff you are a mobile library customer.
• New customers are welcome, just mention you wish to join the mobile library.
What else do I need to know?
• If you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms please don’t come to the library.
• We will bag up your books ready for collection, they will have already been issued to your library card to reduce contact.
• Please use our hand sanitiser station and follow social distancing rules when you collect and return items. All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours.
• We can only deliver pre-ordered selections for now, and regret that staff can’t check the shelves for items while you wait during this phase of reopening.
• Items will be collected and returned at the entrance of the mobile library. You won’t be able to enter the vehicle to browse or choose for yourself.
• We look forward to seeing you again, please be patient while we get used to this new way of working.
We are currently working through our records and calling as many customers as we can to offer this service. If you have not heard from us a week before your timetabled visit and would like a Choose & Collect delivery, please contact Ivybridge Library by email firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01752 893140 during their normal opening hours. Remember to tell library staff you are a customer of the mobile library and which stop you use when you get in touch.
New customers are also welcome. Please contact Ivybridge Library to set up a new mobile library membership, and we will endeavour to deliver to you too. You do need a mobile library card even if you are already a member of a library without wheels. You can find an A-Z of where we visit and our timetable on our webpage devonlibraries.org.uk/web/arena/mobilelibraries
Mobile Library Assistant Heidi is very glad to be out on the road again serving her customers. She hopes to be able to allow readers safely back on the mobile library to choose for themselves in the not too distant future. In the meantime, please bear with library staff while we get used to this new way of working and follow the instructions when you arrive at your stop.