- National Sheep Association has issued a new letter template to ease the passage of farmers travelling to care for their sheep or other livestock. Download a PDF file of the template here>
- AHDB: have set up a page on their website on how coronavirus is affecting farming https://ahdb.org.uk/coronavirus-advice-for-farmers-and-growers. They have provided information on the effect of coronavirus on markets, and also have published some sector reports including beef and lamb.
- Red Tractor has announced temporary suspension of ‘physical’ farm inspections.
- Livestock markets – please check the status before you set off as some markets across the country are being cancelled. Kivells has provided a statement on their website saying that at the moment, markets will continue for this week: https://www.kivells.com/latest-news/kivells-livestock-markets-coronavirus-covid-19?d=latest-news
- Countryside Stewardship: at the time of writing there have been no changes to the schemes that are currently open for applications. The deadline for Hedgerows and Boundaries Grant is Friday 1st May, and the deadline for Mid Tier applications is 31st July.
- Defra TB Programme:
We would like to make you aware of newly published guidance for farmers on statutory TB testing of cattle during the coronavirus pandemic. This can be accessed by clicking on the COVID-19 banner on the homepage of the TB hub website. The guidance will continue to be updated as and when more information becomes available.